Transfers Between Agencies

If you transfer from a non-higher education agency to a state college or university unclassified position for the first time, your retirement plan membership will remain unchanged.

If you are a member of ARP or the SERS Hybrid Plan and transfer from a state college or university to a non-higher education agency, you must be enrolled in the appropriate SERS tier as of the date of hire.

Please see your agency’s Human Resources Officer to complete a Form CO-931h, “Designation of Retirement System-Tier-Plan-Beneficiary for Higher Education Employment Only”.