FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Member

Retirement > MERS > Member > New Employment

10. If I quit my job with the City, can I transfer my contributions and service credit to another State or municipal retirement plan?

It depends. You may be able to transfer your service credit and contributions to that system from CMERS. Requests for these transfers and questions concerning transfer of credit should be forwarded in writing to CMERS.