FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Member

Retirement > MERS > Member > Pre Retirement Issues

17. When should I contact CMERS concerning my anticipated retirement?

An individual considering retirement should contact the human resource or benefit office of the municipality they last worked for at least 2-3 months in advance of the intended retirement date. Do not contact CMERS directly. The municipality will provide you with the necessary retirement application and supporting forms.