FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Municipality

Retirement > MERS > Municipality > Employees

13. When can the municipality submit new names for membership? Can it submit new names throughout the fiscal year or only during certain open periods?

The municipality can submit new names as a result of normative hiring processes (e.g. someone leaves and a replacement is hired) which are added to the payroll (or roster). However, if new departments or bargaining units or wholesale classes of employees are added, CMERS reserves the right to require a new valuation (which may change the UAL) before allowing the names to be added to the system.