FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Retiree

Retirement > MERS > Retiree > Retirement Checks

17. What should I do if I don’t receive my retirement benefit payment, or if my check is lost or stolen?

If you do not receive your retirement check on the last business day of the month, please wait until the 5th day of the following month before contacting CMERS about your missing retirement benefit payment. We must allow the Postal Service until the 5th of the following month to deliver the check. If your check is lost or stolen, call or e-mail customer service at 860-702-3480 or osc.rsd@ct.gov immediately so we can place a “stop payment” on the check and issue a replacement check. Please note that it takes at least 10 business days to issue a replacement check.