FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Retiree

Retirement > MERS > Retiree > Retirement Planning

3. What Do I Need to Do?

You must contact your last municipal employer and tell them you wish to retire or to submit an application for retirement benefits. Form CO-1200, “Application for Municipal Retirement Benefits” must be prepared by the municipality when a qualified member wishes to receive a monthly retirement pension benefit from the MERS. The municipality must also certify that all the information on the application is correct by having an authorized individual sign and date the form on the last line on the back of the application. The completed form must be forwarded to the MERS Unit by the municipality along with the other required paperwork listed on the front of the application.