FAQ: Retirement > Probate > Retiree

Retirement > Probate > Retiree > Change of Payment Option or Survivor Benefits

16. If I retire and receive pension payments amounting to more than my contributions, will my spouse be entitled to continuing benefits if I die?

Regardless of the pension payments made to you, your spouse will be entitled to a continuing benefit assuming he/she is otherwise qualified and you have chosen a payment option allowing for continuing benefits to your spouse.