FAQ: Retirement > SERS

Retirement > SERS > Pension

37. I left state service. How do I obtain a refund of my contributions?

If you are not eligible for any retirement benefits when you leave state service, you may withdraw your retirement contributions. You should contact your last employing agency’s Human Resources Office to complete the appropriate refund application form at the time of your termination.  Important Note: If you are eligible to receive retirement benefits, either now or in the future, then you may not elect to withdraw your contributions.  You will not have a choice between a refund of your contributions and receipt of retirement benefits.