FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Member

Retirement > MERS > Member > Pre Retirement Issues

19. I am terminating my employment and going to another job. When should I apply for my monthly retirement benefits?

If you are no longer working in a position covered by CMERS and are otherwise eligible for a retirement benefit, you may apply for an early retirement benefit provided your new employment is not at a participating municipality or you may apply for a deferred vested retirement to start when you turn 55.