FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Member

Retirement > MERS > Member > New Employment

11. I am leaving my current employer for a new position with another municipality that does participate in MERF-change to CMERS. Do I have to complete a new CO-931? Do I have to do anything to transfer my contributions to my new employer?

Yes. Every new employee must complete a CO-931 upon commencement with a new CMERS employer. The member does not have to do anything about transferring contributions. Upon retirement, all employee contributions and service credit will be combined.