FAQ: Retirement > MERS > Retiree

Retirement > MERS > Retiree > Change of Payment Option or Survivor Benefits

31. At the time of my death, if my spouse qualifies for a survivor’s benefit, who should he/she contact to apply?

In the event of your death, your spouse should contact customer service (860-702-3480 or osc.rsd@ct.gov) to begin the process of receiving death benefits.