FAQ: Retirement > Probate > Retiree

Retirement > Probate > Retiree > Change of Payment Option or Survivor Benefits

24. At the time of my death, if my spouse qualifies for a continuing benefit, who should he/she contact to apply?

In the event of your death, your spouse should contact the Retirement Payroll Unit to begin the process of receiving death benefits.