Connecticut Municipal Employees Retirement System Workshop Sources of Information
Office of the State Comptroller
Retirement Services Division
CMERS - Retirement Basics - Counseling Workshop on the Web

Sources of Information
Counseling Services:
  • MERS offers counseling to members on a limited basis. MERS can answer most general retirement questions by phone. If you have additional retirement questions or would like to arrange for individualized counseling, contact CMERS at (860) 702-3500.

Other Resources:

  • CMERS Summary Plan Description  
    • Summary Plan Description Booklets provide more detailed plan information and are available online
  • CMERS Website
    Frequently Asked Questions - Active Members
    Frequently Asked Questions - Retirees
    Important Social Security Information
    Overpayment and Repayment
  • CMERS Benefit Estimator
    CMERS Part A Benefit Estimator
    CMERS Part B Benefit Estimator

  • Social Security Administration
    • The Social Security Administration provides Personal Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statements annually and also upon request. You may request a statement by (1-800-772-1213) or online  You should also contact them with any questions on the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) or the Government Pension Offset (GPO).
  • Internal Revenue Service Retirement Information
  • Connecticut Department of Revenue Service
    • For information regarding your obligation to pay state taxes on your CMERS pension please contact the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services by phone (860) 297-5962 or online

Return to CMERS Home Page
Return to Retirement Division Home Page
Return to Comptroller's Home Page