Travel Authorization and Union Funded Tuition
Go to



Go to Comptroller's Home Page



Travel Authorization & Union Funded Tuition


1.0 General Information

2.0 Agency Funded Travel

Agencies have the authority to approve their own agency funded travel requests and handle all payments for this approved travel. Staff should review their agency policy on agency funded travel. The guidelines for travel reimbursements are located at:

3.0 Union Funded Travel

The Office of the State Comptroller administers the funds for Tuition, Training and Travel Reimbursements applicable to certain collective bargaining units. Travel Authorization (CO-112) requests must be submitted to the Comptroller's Office three (3) weeks prior to the actual travel date for approval. Submit all copies of the agency approved CO-112 intact to:

Office of the State Comptroller
Administrative Services Division, Tuition & Travel Unit
55 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106

The ASD/Travel accounts for the individual union funds available for each collective bargaining contract. When funds are exhausted, agencies will be notified. Union funded travel guidelines are located at:

4.0 Air Travel

The state's designated travel agent is Sanditz Travel Services, which provides travel services, including rail, hotel, auto reservations, air travel information and airline ticketing.

Upon agency head approval, all state related business travel arrangements can be made in advance by contacting Sanditz Travel Services at 1-800-858-4456. Agencies may utilize other travel resources (i.e. web based travel services) to coordinate and procure their travel arrangements.

5.0 Parking Permits

Parking permits for state employee parking at Bradley International Airport should only be used for official state travel. All requests are to be submitted to the Department of Transportation by the agency 's travel coordinator. Please contact the Bureau of Finance and Administration, Office of Finance at 860-594-2000 for more information.

6.0 Tuition Reimbursement

The Office of the State Comptroller, ASD/Tuition is responsible for the administration of the statewide tuition reimbursement program. The Division reviews the program to ensure conformance to contractual, regulatory and statutory obligations. State of Connecticut employees who are members of a collective bargaining unit and managers may be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement from union funds. See individual collective bargaining contracts for union specific guidelines.

The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) and the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) have prepared a guide for tuition reimbursement. This guide is intended to be a reference tool for agency Tuition Reimbursement Officers and State of Connecticut employees. This guide provides the general information needed to process applications correctly and consistently for state employees. The paths to the employee tuition reimbursement guide and manual are located at: